[TenTec] Re: Corsair audio

Ronald Hands ronald.hands@sympatico.ca
Fri, 01 Mar 2002 15:55:07 -0500

    Thanks for all the comments about microphones and microphone
tests.
    I learned one thing after my first test session on the air:
never identify what you're using.  Just name them A, B and C and
let the results speak for themselves without any brand name attached.
     George, W5YR, suggested listening to myself on another
receiver.  I'll try it, again, but I can hardly recognize my own
voice, even when I hear it tape recorded.  I'm told it's quite
bassy.  Doesn't sound that way to me.
     Anyway, it's been an interesting little diversion and I've
been pleased to get many favorable reports on the Corsair audio.
   They came as somewhat of a surprise -- somehow I didn't think
of the Corsair as a phone rig :-)

-- Ron  VE3SP
(who has been hamming for almost 50 years and is surprised that
he can still hear *anything*.)