[TenTec] TT Listening ?/ Orion

Paul Christensen w9ac@arrl.net
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 12:39:03 -0500

> While we are on the subject, hopefully the synthesizer board will be
> designed properly- wide ground traces on the board, bypass capacitors,
> ferrite beads and other fixes already discussed here so we can avoid the
> "birdie issue".

Between the lessons learned from the design of both the low-noise Kachina 505DSP and Ten-Tec RX-340 DSP products, I think we're
going to find a new level of low-noise synthesizer in the Orion.  If the Orion can match the RX-340 in this performance
area...consider it a non-issue, even up to 30 MHz.

-Paul, W9AC