[TenTec] Orion at Charlotte

Jim Reid jimr.reid@verizon.net
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 15:01:43 -1000

Earlier,  Scott wrote,  in part:

> I am sure that the Orion will change a little from what we
>show at Charlotte.
>
> What won't change are the physical design properties of the Orion.
> The front panel layout, placement of buttons and knobs, jacks, the
> location and size of the screen, metering is all finished.

I will be curious to learn if the Orion will have two tuning knobs;
one for main,  other for the dual rcv/xmit side,  as is done with
the other folks 1000 series rigs.  Seems two tuning knobs are
almost essential for true SO2R users on two bands at the same
time.

Of course,  there will be an A/B button,  maybe a REV as on the
Omni which gave access to the other VFO.  Guess will just
have to wait to see,  hi.  Looking forward to those photos
from Charlotte!

73,  Jim  KH7M