[TenTec] Re: Scout instability, revisionism, please stop

Bob, WB2VUF wb2vuf@qsl.net
Thu, 07 Mar 2002 20:44:22 -0500

There was fix for mechanical stability posted a while back. The fix is
to shorten the leads from the PTO coil to the circuit board so that they
are short and stiff. Also treat the wire spring that rides along the
brass shaft on the outside of the PTO with a conductive grease. This
wiper spring is a ground connection and any resistance here causes
frequency jumping when the PTO is tuned. I used De-Oxit on mine. Tack
bonding components with epoxy will also help.
I plan to shorten the coil leads on mine this weekend.

Also, it wouldn't hurt to treat the contacts on the band modules with
De-Oxit.

			73,

			Bob WB2VUF