[TenTec] ORION ..comments

JBA ballen@na800.net
Sat, 9 Mar 2002 00:20:53 -0600

>still using RCA jack for aux 13.8V amongst the other
>RCA's (I haven't gotten nailed by it yet on my Omni's, but it's bound to
>happen--plug something into that jack and watch something release smoke

This practice goes back a long way. Many manufactures have used the RCA jack
for 13.8 volts.
I believe Yazoo uses it on their high end 1000 series rigs and Drake used it
on the TR-7 series of radios back in the seventies and eighties.
I use a small red plastic cap that just slips over the socket. Keeps me
honest and it looks good too.
Cheers!
de Benton wb5twc