[TenTec] Count your blessings?

Bill Taylor(W4WBT) w4wbt@fmci.net
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 15:30:59 -0500

There will be no internal tuner in the unit. Possibly the External
AT11 (which I use with my Jupiter) will be supported). As for
changes, possibly only a different Display, (probably not color).
What you see in the pictures and what I saw live at Charlotte is what
will be sold. So why all this "free advise",most not constructive
that is generating hundreds of messages a day. This radio should be
the finest receiver/tranceiver available; when it is released.
It is sort of like all the discussion about the scout tranceiver.
There is a 1 page discussion in the manual on the limitations that
have been bashed about for the last week. Bottom line is that Ten-Tec
sold more Scouts than ANY other radio in their product line.
Something must have been good about it. At least you can communicate
with the factory in English and not some other foreign language and I
don't know any other manufacturer that has supported their product
better.
I was looking at the Yaesu/Kenwood and Icom TOP OF Line radios at
Hamfest and am amazed at all the "features" they have that are
totally useless in making food HF contacts. I also heard a lot of
discussion about a new "hot radio" from Icam that appears to have a
lot of DOA problems. The biggest problem is getting them fixed. Never
a problem with ten-Tec. So count you blessings and do something to
help ham radio.
BT
W4WBT
(59 years old,semi retired but hope I am not a hard to get along with
as some other "oldsters"