[TenTec] Orion case design.

Randy Randall crrandal@earthlink.net
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 19:23:25 -0500

What a disappointment to see TenTec using the same el'cheapo fasteners
that they used on the Jupiter.  How much could it have cost to use PIM
nuts and machine screws on the case instead of those detestable self
tapping screws?  Would you be willing to spend $5.00 or $10.00 more on
the radio to have screw holes that do not strip out the next time you
replace the cover?  I have fought this on my Jupiter and I am
investigating installing PIM nuts myself on my rig.  To spend as much
time and energy on the design of this radio and to cut a corner here is
just plain stupid.   E-mail TenTec directly about this.   Make your
voice heard and hopefully they will listen.

Randy KB8ASO