[TenTec] Re: Tuners

WA3FIY WA3FIY@radioadv.com
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 19:52:03 -0500

I agree with you Carl about this being the best protection I have
seen.  As far as I know, it started with the Paragon and I believe
it is included in the Pegasus/Jupiter.  Looking at my Jupiter
schematic here, I see a current sensing resistor in the power line
to the PA stage.  Current information from that resistor is
conditioned and sent to the ALC circuit through a potentiometer
labelled "Set PA Current Limit".  This leads me to believe that
the PJ's are equally like the Paragon, Omni V and Omni VI.

-Lee-