[TenTec] Low Band Rx Overload (was Carl, Pmni, 756 etc )

N1EU n1eu@yahoo.com
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 06:09:21 -0800 (PST)

N4YDU wrote:

"I believe with the typical low band setup that most
of us have the top notch rigs are all the same, or
near the same. I've used my PRO extensively and I've
never had a serious problem with nearby stations
wiping me out."

This is certainly NOT my experience.  Using
unamplified 580ft Beverage receive antennas feeding a
number of different "top notch rigs", I find a very
significant variation in immunity to overload among
these rigs.  In challenging circumstances of very
strong signals (>S9+40dB) on the band, some of these
rigs will block to a large degree making dx'ing
impossible while other rigs are affected to a much
smaller degree and it is possible to pull out the weak
ones with them.

73,
Barry  N1EU