[TenTec] Big Jupiter Problem Update.

WmLB@prefer.net WmLB@prefer.net
Sat, 23 Mar 2002 10:50:26 -0800

Got lots of response for which I most appreciate.

I tried all the obvious things. Processor reset, etc.

When this occurred I was sitting here listening to Dodger baseball on
1150 AM... I had worked some PSK31 an hour or so earlier, but like
most I limit my power to 35 watts or so in that mode.

Consensus here would indicate a bad PA transistor or something nearby.

I intend to get it off to Ten-Tec on Monday, so I will not know
anything for a week or so.

As requested by several, I will advise as to the findings and fix.

I am going to ask them to check out the SWR thing too. I get more
then 1.0:0 readings on the higher frequencies even when connected to
a dummy load and with the SWR meter on the 989C tuner indicating a
"one-to-one". I have always been told that you should rely first on
the rigs SWR meter as opposed to something further down the feedline.

Bill

Costa Mesa, CA
Amateur Radio Station: W6WLB