[TenTec] Help w/'509 Argo

Jerry Kitterman kitt5@earthlink.net
Tue, 7 May 2002 19:48:13 -0400

  Gentlemen,

   I recently purchased an Argonaut 509 that is needing a dial re-strung.
Once I got into it I decided to try the old string one more time but while
I was working on it the pin that is on the end of the string that connects
to the main shaft came out. The pin look's long enough to go through the
shaft completely but the hole that is in it seem's to go only about a 16th
or so of an inch through. There is also a hole on the other side of the
shaft. Is this right or is something blocking the hole? This does not seem
like it could be right as the pin was connected (but I don't remember
looking at it before it came out) to the shaft and it is long enough to go
through and looks like there would be too much pin sticking up if only the
end was in the hole? I do have a new dial string assembly for it if needed.
Help! and thanks

73
Jerry
W9CTB