[TenTec] New TT QRP rig AM

WA3FIY WA3FIY@radioadv.com
Thu, 9 May 2002 20:19:58 -0400

In the past Ten Tec did not offer AM transmit on their rigs but
with the introduction of the Pegasus that changed.  Not
immediately.  It was a feature added by a firmware update some
months after introduction.

Someone help me out here.  I believe the AM produced  by the
PJ's is true double sideband AM as opposed to the single
sideband with carrier produced my most other rigs.  Perhaps the
JA IF DSP rigs also produce double sideband AM.

Anyway, I've had a lot of fun the few times I've run AM with the
Pegasus and I've received very nice reports once I learned how
to set it up.  Although I usually run barefoot at 20 watts carrier,
if I need more power I tune-up my 3-500 using 40 watts drive.  I
then set my carrier at 10 watts for AM operation.  Gives a nice
fully modulated 200 or so watts.

-Lee-