[TenTec] Re: knob'nscreen

AC5E@aol.com AC5E@aol.com
Mon, 20 May 2002 11:14:06 EDT

Quite some time ago, even to me, the University of Michigan ran a test on the
legiblity of things painted various colors. Turned out that white on black
and white on red scored 100, black on white and white or red 99, and
everything else was way down in the numbers.

As I remember, black on red was in the low twenties, black on orange wasn't
much better, black on green was worse, and black on blue was nearly as bad as
black on black. So if it doesn't make anyone mad, I will take my ORION
display in black on white and be thankful that it has enough contrast that my
aged eyes can still make
out the numbers.

As far as a weighted knob is concerned,  I have never been a gym rat. If I
wanted to develop my muscles I would  eat more spinach.  I suppose the fact
that I have religiously eschewed spinach since I was old enough to scream NO
accounts for the fact my doctor tells me not to lift anything heavier than my
- nemine!

73  Pete Allen  AC5E