[TenTec] Re: Orion Concern

Billy Cox aa4nu@ix.netcom.com
Mon, 20 May 2002 11:50:37 -0500

>It's hard enough to sell a $3300 rig these days... and putting as
>backwards a screen as this for the first thing you see when looking at
>one, on the front panel of their best transceiver, is one of the worst
>moves I've ever seen.

Yet ... the RX-340 ... at a higher price point ... and a rcvr ONLY,
commands a still higher price ... and does NOT have the "must
have" or "I won't buy it color display" ...

I don't recall a single post on that TT model as to "I won't buy it,
because of the lack of the multi-color display ..."

Much a do about nothing is what it all seems like at this point ...

73 Billy AA4NU