[TenTec] Speaker for Jupiter

Simmons, Reid W reid.w.simmons@intel.com
Mon, 20 May 2002 11:36:55 -0700

BTW - What do the new "color matched" speakers have that the speakers in the
961/962 power supplies don't have?  Anyone made a side-by-side comparison?

Reid, K7YX

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Ames [mailto:bames@aob.com]
Sent: Monday, May 20, 2002 4:23 AM
To: Bill Brannick; tentec@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Speaker for Jupiter

I found a very nice speaker for my Jupiter at Radio Shack. They were selling
some nice RCA speakers, on sale, for $15. It looks and sounds as good as any
speaker I have seen / heard connected to a receiver. Now, I am wondering if
I should spend the $100 for a matching speaker? What about it could be worth
the extra $$$? Well, I think I know the answer. I believe there are a number
of old radios, ham rigs, that were sold with matching speakers. Over time
these speakers got separated from the rigs. Now, if you are trying to build
the station you first had, well, the speakers are hard to come by. The new
TT speakers will be in that category. So few will be sold at  their $100
price that after twenty years you will have to spend at least four times
that to complete your restored Jupiter station. So, what to do? I suggest
that we should all buy a speaker, keep it sealed in the original box and
leave it to the grand kids! Now, that would be worth a 100 bucks!

Bill Ames
KB1LG