[TenTec] Re: Orion Concern

Ken & Linda Burrough Ken & Linda Burrough" <w8keb@1st.net
Mon, 20 May 2002 17:57:03 -0400

Hi All

I just got back from Dayton at noon today.  Hundreds of posting on the
reflector, most of which are about the display on the Orion or the LARGE
Logo on the Orion.  At the hamvention this year I did something more need to
do, look at the FT-1000MP.  The display on the MP is color and very hard to
read.  The Orion let me see what is needed and not try to go from red to
green and try to tie the colors together, do the color mean something or is
it just WINDOW DRESSING?

Now the big LOGO--my Son was with me and we both had a very hard time
finding the model of the MP on the front panel.  I am proud of my Ten-Tec
gear, I want anyone that may enter my shack to know I have THE ORION, not
get out the glasses to find out what it is.  The 756 Pro is the same, it
takes time to find out if it is the 756, 756 PRO or PRO II.

Ten-Tec gear has always looked different but worked better then most and it
looks like this will continue.  May the trend never STOP.

Ken/w8keb
Flushing, Ohio
w8keb@arrl.net