[TenTec] Titan I and Tubes

Richard.Knox@veridian.com Richard.Knox@veridian.com
Tue, 21 May 2002 07:34:16 -0400

Good Morning Members of the Group!

     Several weeks ago I queried the Group for input as to what would be a good
choice for a legal limit amp that would last me the rest of my days in amateur
radio.   I received a fantastic amount of great advice and wisdom...Thank You!
Many of you said the Centurion and the Titan were the amps of choice, which
pleased me as I truly love Ten Tec equipment.

      So I asked my Elmer, who was going to Dayton, to be on the look-out for
one of these at a good price.  He just came back with a Titan I for me.

       Before I begin operating with this new linear, can those of you who have
experience with it, share with me any operating advice, Do's and Don't', etc.
That would be greatly appreciated.

      And can you recommend to me a good source to buy a set up back-up tubes
for it?   I have seen some postings in the past for "medical pulls" that seemed
quite reasonable in price compared to brand new tubes.  Does anyone have
experience with these and know of a good source?  And is there any virtue in
running the 3CPX800A7  versions vice the original 3CX800A7 tubes?

    Really appreciate all the help from the Group.

Thank You and 73!  de KD4BRL   Dick Knox
Richard.Knox@Veridian.com