[TenTec] Model 307 Speaker

William F. Mansey; WA2PVK res0wsci@verizon.net
Tue, 21 May 2002 22:57:41 -0400

Hello All (again),
    I got my 307B (B to match the Orion when I gets one) today and I am
quite pleased with the appearance and performance.  I will admit that the
price tag caused some thought and hesitation BUT - - - not too much of
either.  I am glad that I decided on purchasing it as I like it very much.
I was afraid that it would not sound good since it is not the 307J and does
not match the color of the Jupiter's cabinet BUT I have not noticed any
degraded performance as of yet.  Perhaps the fact that both the Jupiter and
307B have BLACK dots cancels out any effects of cabinet mismatch!?  :-)
    I had been using a Radio Shack #40-5024 speaker (RCA -4" full range
speaker- cube shaped cabinet) with good results but the 307 sounds MUCH
better.  Now all I need is an Orion to attach to my 307B speaker!!!  (But
only so I have matching cabinets)   :-)   73; Bill WA2PVK

---