[TenTec] Headphones (was any real live reports yet?)

Rick Tyler rp.tyler@worldnet.att.net
Tue, 28 May 2002 14:24:00 -0400

I'm glad all you guys are willing to give up your hearing for what's
perceived as "better sound" . . . all that high pitched noise from your
radio through hi-fi headphones is doing a job on your hearing. Better off
sticking with real communications headphones . . . normally hard to find,
the only ones commerically available at a decent price are the Kenwood
HS-5's. Their audio response is 400-4000hz, and help to improve the
intelligibility of communications audio. Not only don't you need the extra
high end, it's hurting you.

Want to find out more about how your hearing is doing?  Try this page:

http://www.digital-recordings.com/audiocd/audio.html

I've got great hearing and intend for it to stay that way as long as
possible.  I even wear ear protection when I cut the grass.
Think it's silly?  I'm a piano tuner.  I need my hearing.

Let's see if I can make this clear. . . . if you value your hearing, stay
away from HI-FI headphones for communications use.

73 and good luck, de Rick, WQ8Q