Fw: [TenTec] Clear Speech Unit

WA3FIY WA3FIY@radioadv.com
Fri, 1 Nov 2002 10:55:48 -0500

One other matter to carefully........and I do mean
carefully.........consider is the maximum volume level available at
the headphones.   It should be standard practice to limit the
maximum volume at the headphones to a level that is loud enough
to be heard but no more, regardless of how high the volume is
turned up on the radio or other device.   This can usually be done
by wiring a resistor in series with the 'phones.   The value
depends on a number of things including the impedance and
efficiency of the 'phones, the power available and it's
impedance.   Values in the low to mid 100's of ohms is a good
starting point and one can proceed from there.

Please take it from one who knows from first hand experience,
protect your hearing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-73-

-Lee-