[TenTec] combo rigs was receiver so-called performance

robert k stephens bstephens1@mindspring.com
Fri, 08 Nov 2002 18:49:06 -0500

Thanks to all for your comments,

I don't own a K2 or Jupiter, I was asking just out of curiosity.

I own a Scout and a couple of non working tube rigs <g>. At some point in
the next 1, 2 or 3 years I'll probably want to get a better rig than the
Scout. I'd like a rig under $2000 with a better than average front end,
good filters, DSP, clean transmit , good cw QSK and nice ssb audio. I don't
care about fancy contest type bells and whistles and I really don't need an
Orion. No manufacturer seems to be making the rig I want to buy. It never
occured to me that I could "make" the rig I want by combining 2 other rigs
<g>.

Now my head is swimming with possibilities:

K2/Jup(Peg)     Omni V/Jup(Peg)     Corsair/Jup/Peg   Paragon/Jup/Peg
Omni C/Jup/Peg      Argossy?/Jup/Peg

So, what do you experts think? What combination do you think would produce
the rig I'd like to operate? Maybe I should just wait for TT to come out
with the next replacement for the JUP/Peg?

I doubt that I'll be buying anything soon;  I'm just window shopping and
dreaming - but I'd love to hear your suggestions.

tnx & 73
Bob KB1CIW