[TenTec] Pegasus Problem

Jim Reid jimr.reid@verizon.net
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 09:30:15 -1000

Hi,

In the middle of the Hawaii Afternoon Net yesterday,
my Pegasus QUIT.  I happed to be net control Tuesday.
I shut the set up down,  and switched to the use  of my
Corsair II.

Pegasus Symptoms:   no operation.  Visual
evidence:  turning the Power switch to ON,  the green
LED marked ON is lit;  BUT,  the green LED marked RX
is neither ON nor does it flash when the power switch is
flipped to ON,  as it should per the manual.

I left the set up off for a time, tried turning the Peg on again,
and bingo,  it came right up as it should.  Started a transmission
to the net,  But, as soon as I finished my first transmission,  and
took my finger from the PTT button on the mike -- Pegasus quit,
and off went the RX LED.  Tried a couple more times to reactivate
the Pegasus,  no luck.

Let all sit overnight,  but no luck this morning -- the Pegasus just
seems to have developed a fault.

Any thoughts?

73,  Jim  KH7M