[TenTec] Re: 301 encoder ..

AC5E@aol.com AC5E@aol.com
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 15:07:03 EST

The factory 301's had an encoder with wire leads, and a terminal strip. The
leads from the encoder and the leads from the DB-25 were connected there.

As far as I can tell the original cable was the same curly cord used on the
701 mike, and the DB-25 was a standard plastic snap together shell accessory
jobbie. However, I did not bother counting wires to confirm that.

The kit 301's came with a standard Omni tuning knob, a box, and a solder the
wires on encoder. Oh, a nut to hold the encoder on the front panel. You had
to provide your own cable.

I used a curly mike cord from Hosfelt and a "deluxe metal shell" DB-25 from
the local parts house. It makes it convenient because my factory built 301's
have a black cord and my kits have a grey cable.

73  Pete Allen  AC5E