[TenTec] WOW SERVICE on ARGO V!

John Clifford johnclif@ix.netcom.com
Sun, 24 Nov 2002 01:06:51 -0800

My limited experience with Ten-Tec has shown them to be very good at product
(and customer) service.  However, the quality of technical information is
dependent upon the person you reach (as it is with most companies).

If those hams who complain about a company turning their radio around in two
weeks, think about it... Ten-Tec isn't the largest company in the world, and
while it may only have taken a few hours to fix your radio it might have
taken the rest of the two weeks for it to 'bubble up' through the queue and
find an available technician.

I hope I never have to use ANYONE'S support... but if I have to use
Ten-Tec's, I'm not worried about it.

I have also had good experience with getting parts from Icom (right down the
street!) and okay with Yaesu (had to wait several weeks for a common part).
Elecraft has been VERY helpful in shipping out replacement/missing parts as
well as assisting in troubleshooting -- they're a hard act to follow!

The ham radio industry is generally very good when it comes to customer
service and support.  I'm still waiting for a new skid plate to come in for
my '00 Dakota Quad-Cab... been about a month now and no sign of this
important protective part that I want before the snows hit.

 = jgc

John Clifford KD7KGX

Heathkit HW-9 WARC/HFT-9/HM-9
Elecraft K2 #1678 /KSB2/KIO2/KBT2/KAT2/KNB2/KAF2/KPA100
Ten-Tec Omni VI/Opt1

email: kd7kgx@arrl.net