[TenTec] Digital Speech Transmission

Gary Hoffman Gary Hoffman" <ghoffman@spacetech.com
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 19:27:23 -0500

The subject having been raised....   now I confess that I find myself very
interested in how one would "do" digital speech.

I *assume* (oh what a word!)  that it is done in a manner similar to PSK31
with
a couple added steps... to whit:

    Sample the mike audio... and digitize it.

    Send the bit stream to one's sound card...

    Have the sound card "encode" the data as a series of various tones...

    Transmit the tones in the usual analog fashion...

    Finally... reverse the whole process at the far end.

Is this even close to being right ?   Comments please !

73 de Gary, AA2IZ