[TenTec] Tokyo Hy-Power QRP amps

Winston F. Jones Winston F. Jones" <winjones@ix.netcom.com
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 20:00:15 -0400

I've been reading postings about a Tokyo Hy-Power HF amp that will =
amplify 5-10 watts to 50-plus watts on all HF bands of 80-10. It sounds =
like it would be a good mate for the Argonaut V and other similar QRP =
rigs when you want to run QRO.

The Argo 509 plus the 405 amp were a good pair in their day before the =
FCC put an end to their manufacture.

My question: How do these Tokyo Hy-Power amps get into the U.S. and  is =
it legal to import one from Japan or another country?

Personally, I feel it's time for the FCC to make the amp law more =
reasonable since so many low-power ham rigs are now being manufactured =
and there's a new market for such an amp. It seems to me that a simple =
requirement of having to have a ham license to buy one would be good =
enough to keep them from the illegal market.

73, Winston  K4CWQ

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---