[TenTec] Argonaut Review

John Rippey w3uls@3n.net
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 19:46:09 -0400

I agree with Caitlyn that a first impression posted on eHam.net is not a
definitive review. On the other hand, first impressions are important,
because radios not only are measurable objectively with lab equipment and
side-by-side comparisons, they also can have positive--or
irritating--features that can be uncovered right out of the box. E.Ham.net
has a policy of allowing posters only one review, which is regrettable
because I think it would be useful to be able to read a ham's first
impressions of a rig and then have him/her come back three or more months
later with a more definitive take on the radio.

In any event, it's good to know that the first eHam.net review of the new
Argonaut
is positive.