[TenTec] Power Power Power - revisited..

Ken Kinyon w7ts@attbi.com
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 09:41:04 -0700

Hello Robert,
I no longer have my OMNI-VI+, so  this is from memory. First check the power
Supply voltage.  It is adjustable with a pot on the chassis.  Make sure it
is not set too high.  I also believe there is a pot in the radio to adjust
the Max power out.  mine always read about 85 watts, which suited me fine.
I am also curious if you have the antenna tuner in line or is it set to
bypass?.  if it is in line( not set on bypass), It seems to me that you are
just adding extra loss and more hassle in changing bands.  your antenna
should present a sufficiently low SWR for the OMNI without a tuner.  If not,
the antenna needs some repair.  does any of this help.
73,
Ken
W7TS
-------------------