[TenTec] Re: Jupiter firmware problems...NOT! (SO!... )

Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX RMcGraw@Blomand.Net
Mon, 02 Sep 2002 09:29:43 -0500

I'd agree.  I recall loading and running Windows 1.01 and all the revisions
that followed.  Just recently I've changed to Windows XP from ME from 2000.
Still have bugs that I recall were in V 3.1.  Also use NT on our network
servers.  More bugs.  Just the nature of software in my opinion.

Tentecs' response is quite good.  Their sensitivity to the needs of the
customer, their prompt response to the issues, thus the frequent updates,
sometime causes things to get overlooked.

With all software issues, I've resolved myself to the 6 month  rule.  When
it's released I wait 6 mos, see what other fixes have appeared, before I
load it.  Usually most of the bugs have been exterminated in that period of
time.

If one wishes to be first with the latest goodies, then expect to have all
the unknowns with the latest goodies.

73
Bob K4TAX