[TenTec] Argosy 525 PTO problem documented in HR Nov. 1986 issue

Cara and Randy Randall crrandal@earthlink.net
Mon, 2 Sep 2002 12:52:52 -0500

Hello.  What was the problem with the PTO in the Argosy I?

The Ham Radio Magazine, November 1986 with the article on upgrading
the Argosy I mentioned a PTO trade in for $25.00 that fixed a frequency
"jumping"

problem.  The problem was the PTO would jump in frequency by
a few tens of hertz

in the received or transmitted signal.   What did they do to the
PTO to correct the

problem?  Also Has any of you performed the mods in the article?
Which ones are

truly worthwhile ?  ( I am not thinking of constructing the digital
dial mod. )

Thanks,

Randy KB8ASO.

multipart/alternative