[TenTec] Even MORE on vertical antennas!

Billy Cox aa4nu@ix.netcom.com
Tue, 03 Sep 2002 12:45:09 -0500

>Billy, the "it ain't polarized after it's reflected" is another "old hams
>tale." The literature does not support that fable, nor does practical
>experience.

Fable? Practical experience? Whose ... yours?

Really ... tell me why the contest stations don't have a vertical
as part of their setups ...  let's talk about why folks run verticals
on the low bands (HINT: to get the wave angle down ...)

As I noted VHF and up ... line of sight/etc. I'll agree to a point ...

HF ... nope.

>You will find many signals that are too weak to work on a beam that are
quite
>workable on a decent vertical.  If you encounter fading changing the
antenna
>polarization will quite often make a workable signal out of one below the
>noise level.

The use of a yagi stack also reduces fading ... why? Not due to the
polarization ... due to a wider coverage of arriving wave angles ...

Sorry Pete ... you are the one missing the point ... it's wave angle,
not polarization ... you need to go back and re-read the material again.

> So don't argue with the old man. Try it and be convinced.

I am ... as well as many others ... You need to go study some more!

And as this is not Ten-Tec related, feel free to take it off-line with me.

73 Billy AA4NU