[TenTec] LDG PT-11P Tuner?

WA3FIY wa3fiy at radioadv.com
Tue Apr 1 14:00:08 EST 2003

Jeff,

I use the PT-11P with good results here.  My antenna is a 256
foot off center fed dipole with a 4:1 balun at the feed point.
It gives me all band coverage from 160 through 10 meters.  On
most bands the SWR is less than around 2.5 : 1 so I often
don't even bother with a tuner but on a couple bands the SWR
goes up well past 5 : 1 and on 40 of all things it's around 8 : 1 !
I don't quite know why that is, as 40 shold be one of it's
favored bands.

Anyway, the PT-11P handles it all nicely with 1.0 : 1 or close
thereto.  I use Carl's software which provides memories for
each band and his latest, 2.07, allows you to set-up the tuner
for an entire band at one touch of a button.   Very nice!

The PT-11P and N4PY combo are tough to beat in my opinion.

73 de Lee, WA3FIY