[TenTec] an antenna question

Carl Moreschi n4py at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 3 02:47:54 EST 2003

George,

You could not of said it any clearer.  That's exactly my experience also
with radials.

I have a very unique vertical that I use on 80, 75, 40, and 30 meters.  It
is a 60 foot vertical wire running from the ground to the top of a tree.  I
have 16 50 foot radials in the ground.  I have a relay switched matching
circuit at the base that tunes the antenna at 3.5, 3.8, 7, and 10.1 mhz
depending on which relay is activated.  This gives me a very good 1/4 wave
vertical on 80, 1/2 wave vertical on 40, and 5/8 wave vertical on 30.  It is
a great DX antenna.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
Franklinton, North Carolina
n4py at earthlink.net