[TenTec] Omni VI & CMOS Superkeyer

Carter Grabarczyk k8vt at ameritech.net
Sat Apr 5 16:37:49 EST 2003

Group,

I'm using an Omni VI+ (Option 3) and just completed building the Idiom
Press "CMOS Super Keyer III" kit (built into a WBL paddle, but that's
another story). The keyer has a "K" parameter that is called keyer
compensation. This refers to the foreshortening of dots and dashes by
the rig in the QSK mode. This is like the QST reviews that show a
picture of a dual trace scope. One trace shows the actual output of the
keyer; the second trace shows the keyed RF output, which is usually "x"
milliseconds shorter than the actual key closures.

So, that is my question: In the Omni VI+, what is this delay in
milliseconds or to put it another way, what do I set the "K" value to in
the keyer?

Thanks in advance!

73/Carter/K8VT