[TenTec] Some Orion vs. RX-340 stuff

tongaloa tongaloa at alltel.net
Fri Apr 11 18:27:27 EDT 2003

Jim-

Suggest it's this thing called antipodal convergence.
http://www.lwca.org/library/lfprop/adcock/lfprop1.htm
mentions under convergence for VLF but IIRC I read something
about it for HF as well.

Idea is one of all the radio waves converging, regardless of path,
at some point, on the other side of the propagation time, globe.

The radio antipode is not necessarily the geographic antipode
because of the way the propagation paths work out to follow
the best ionization path for the particular frequency your using.
The familiar 'grey-line' propagation is a good example of this.

I've experienced in working North Africa and Southern Europe from
teh South Pacific on 80 and 160.

73,
-Bob
ah7i