[TenTec] WinTune(?) and paddles

Rob Atkinson, K5UJ k5uj at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 15 00:25:55 EDT 2003

The solution to the problem of zerobeating by matching audio pitches is to
get a Corsair II.  (Could not resist a plug for the older rigs ha ha.)

If you ask a hundred guys what's the best paddle, you'll get a hundred
different answers.  Paddles are like shoes--a paddle that's comfortable and
feels good to one op will be disliked vy much by another.  You can get a
general idea however by looking at the paddle reviews on eham. If possible
try one in person before buying.  Generally:  MFJ--only if you op cw for a
few minutes once a year.  Next up probably something like a Bencher--I use
one and like it a lot but I don't op cw 100% all the time.  Above the
Benchers and ones in its class are the more exotics with magnets and such
for the ops who are really serious.  Golfers are always looking for the new
magic putter and driver that will let them ace all the time & cw ops are
always looking for the next miracle paddle so there have been lots of wild
designs over the years.  Try something ~$100-$150 & see how U like it & find
something comfortable.  Eventually if you want to get serious you can always
sell it and spend hundreds of $$ on something that will get people calling
you Grease Gun or Speed Merchant.

Rob
K5UJ
k5uj at hotmail.com