[TenTec] Re: Questions about some Orion behaviours

AC5E at aol.com AC5E at aol.com
Wed Apr 16 22:52:12 EDT 2003

Hmm - the panoramic audio worked as it should when I had time to try it -
except the tones were reversed. I thought at the time that it was probably
one of those "been working 36 hours straight, which is my right hand" deals
that would be straightened out in a revised edition of the manual. I hate to
admit it but I have done a few of those things too.

Mine is still working with the original OS but I haven't noticed any failures
to return to recieve. I have noticed how convenient it is to listen to two DX
stations at once and note their operating habits. And it's even nicer to bag
two new ones on widely separated frequencies within a minute.

On the display, mine has been perfect every time I've used it. But it's my
busy season - Christmas in the awards business. If I don't make it in the
next couple of months I won't make it until next year, so my operating time
has been severely limited. I will leave mine on and see what happens, and
post any anomolies here - and to ditsnbits.

One thing - it's definitely not a clone of anything else. The O'Ryan is very
definitely different. Viva la difference!

73  Pete Allen  AC5E