[TenTec] Ten Tec vs. Inrad 9 MHz Filters

Carl Moreschi n4py at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 18 00:57:24 EDT 2003

Jim,

I don't have my Orion yet, but all indications are the stock roofing filters
in the Orion should do the job for 99% of the situations.  I have an extra
250 hertz filter from my Omni V that I am planning on adding to my Orion
when I get it.  I think that would about do it for any situation.

Remember the DSP filters alone in the Orion have a shape factor of about
1.05 to 1. And the DSP has a dynamic range of 100 db.   This is incredible
and I expect these filters to be the sharpest I have ever heard.  My RX-340
filters have a shape factor of 1.2 to 1 and up to now, they are far and
above the sharpest I have ever heard.  I can't wait to hear the Orion
filters.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
Franklinton, NC