(Fwd) Re: [TenTec] Corsair versus Paragon?

Bwana Bob wb2vuf at qsl.net
Tue Apr 22 20:50:04 EDT 2003

The PLL solder issue was caused by poor workmanship on the PLL boards,
mostly due to cold solder joints. The symptom is intermittent "PLL out
of Lock" indications on the display. The fix was to reflow all the
solder connections on the PLL boards. This is a nuisance, but not a
difficult fix at all. Not all paragons had this problem, and at some
time the PLL boards were redesigned for better reliability. Once I fixed
my Paragon, it stayed fixed and its performance and reliability have
been excellent.

				Bob WB2VUF