[TenTec] my non-working dipole. why??

Carter Grabarczyk k8vt at ameritech.net
Tue Apr 29 08:52:52 EDT 2003

Bob,
The tuner should generally be within a few feet of the transmitter. If
you can arrange to use the dipole with the tuner close to the rig, you
should find that it will perform better than your whip. (Even though the
whip has a low SWR, remember that SWR isn't everything- a dummy load has
a good SWR too). On the other hand, a whip is a lot more portable than a
dipole...
73/Carter/K8VT