[TenTec] Advise on Jupiter and Argonaut V

Dr. Frederick M. Schaffer schaffer at musc.edu
Tue Apr 29 12:54:57 EDT 2003

Hi folks,
   I would appreciate your help with the following questions. I'm a new ham (just acquired my general ticket)  and would like to buy a TenTec rig.
 1. several eham reviews commented on the "audio hash" on certain frequencies occurring in the Jupiter due to computer scanning. How common is this and do the newer models still have this problem? Also, is there a current problem with the tuning dial?
2. Has anyone compared the receiver's performance of the Jupiter in comparison to the Icom 746 PRO-what are your thoughts?
3. Also, has anyone compared the receiving performance of the Argonaut V in a comparison to the ICOM 746 PRO-what are your thoughts on the comparison?
   I'll be looking forward to reading your thoughts and suggestions. Thanks for the help.
73
fred (kg4ygp).
fmarvins at yahoo.com