[TenTec] Orion External T/R Switching

Billy Cox aa4nu at ix.netcom.com
Tue Apr 29 20:37:45 EDT 2003

>I had been using an Ameritron QSK-5 switch with my Omni VI+,
>before selling it, and after,  with my Pegasus.  But the Ameritron
>gadget just had too many problems keeping it going,  so have
>removed it and lost both QSK ability and my protection from hot
>switching.

Jim,

I know that Phil, K5PC has used the very same unit with many
different rigs, and different amps for many years. Might be worth
your time to email or contact him as to what he is doing different
there in his setup than you are? <He monitors the AMP reflector ...>

Both units here have stood the test of time <and newbie guest ops!>
for many many years without hot switching or any other problems ...

Phil might have just the suggestions for you ...

73 Billy AA4NU