[TenTec] Orion T/R Question, News

Jim Reid jimr.reid at verizon.net
Wed Apr 30 13:23:00 EDT 2003

> >using non-QSK linears).  Ten Tec's standard response now:
> >forget the thing,  and be rid of it!!  (Hope I am not actually
> >putting words into Scott's mouth,  but the jist was similar).
>
> Heck of response to encourage current non-TT users to give
> TT a try ... especially for those whose units have worked well
> for years with non-TT gear and enjoy high power QSK CW ...

Bill,  You understood incorrectly!

His response was to get rid of the -5 switch because of it's
apparent non=reliability!  And,  yes,  he said some users of
the -5 have had success for years,  just happens,  but most
have problems of sorts.  He certainly was not saying,  to me
or anyone else,  sell your current linear and order a TT linear.

I am very sorry if my post implied such.......just have heard
of too many unhappy users of the -5 gadget.

73,  Jim  KH7M