[TenTec] Value of Titan I and Paragon I?

Stan Jacox km6xz at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 1 04:31:27 EDT 2003

Hello list
I used to be a member of the list and then just yesterday subscribed again
to catch up on my favorite brand of gear.  I am moving to another country
soon and can not use my Titan I because of power restrictions...in fact
could not use in it in the last 2 years because a large apartment house was
built just feet from my tower and the top floor even with my 4 el beam;>(
I was thinking about storing the amplifier in case I return to a more rural
living arrangement in the future or I might sell it, hoping to buy another
when and if I return to the US.
Question; what is the current value for the Titan I in excellent condition
and low hours on tubes?  I would hate to get rid of it because it is the
best amp I ever owned but it is a waste of a good piece of gear to sit in a
warehouse for a few more years.
I also have a excellent Paragon with all the filters that I love but it is
physically a little large for my new apartment in Saint Petersburg Russia.
That might be for sale also but I have no idea of its value.
Also have a bunch of other gear from other manufacturers such as a
KWM-2/Station Control/PS/30L-1, a Signal/one CX-7b,   HT-32A, Swan 500SS16
with VFO/Amp/and power supply, TS-50S, Motorola 2002D Service Monitor and a
R-390A which all might go into storage  if I can find cheap long term
storage.
Failing that, anyone got a barn or storage area on the west coast they would
like to rent cheaply for storing a lot of gear and a little furniture?

Thanks for any insights
73
Stan   KM6XZ