[TenTec] WTB: TT Scout or Argonaut V

James E McClellan n8luv_jm at juno.com
Thu Aug 7 23:52:37 EDT 2003

Hi Allan,

Unfortunateky I do not have the gear for sale that you desire. But, I did
want to comment on the fact of your Great Choices of the 2 rigs. I have 7
stations here (Drake, Heath, Yaesu, etc) all with high power amps and
complete accessories. For some reason I thought to have fun in ham radio
you had to have all the pieces of a set station. Not so! I am selling
everything and keeping the only 3 rigs I use now. They are the Scout,
Argo-556 (qrp brother to the Scout), and the Argonaut-V. I probably will
hold on to my trusty old Lab-Index ++ qrp rig for nostalgia. Honestly,
with these rigs I can work the world and I am having fun doing it! I work
all modes including digital (PSK-31, RTTY, SSTV, etc.) via the Argonaut-V
and the MixW2 multi-mode software. The 2 were made for one another. No
interface between the computer and Argonaut-V is needed. The way the
Argonaut-V is made the interface is inside it. I am having a ball with
these TenTec rigs. ---- Again Allan --- GOOD CHOICE! --- Good Luck in
Locating what you want and have fun!

Jim --- N8LUV
Michigan