[TenTec] Argo V Distortion

Ynkedragon at aol.com Ynkedragon at aol.com
Sun Aug 10 12:46:09 EDT 2003

In a message dated 8/9/2003 19:52:05, w4jz at ispwest.com writes:

<< I have had several reports from time to time of my audio sounding
distorted. >>

You didn't specify if the problem was specific to 1 band or common to all
bands.  I used to have similar problem with my Argosy on 40 meters when using a
random wire.  Licked the problem with a tuned counterpoise (1/4 wave wire
connected to the ground lug of the antenna matching unit).  For insurance I put a
split bead toroid on the coax between the tuner and radio.  This moved the RF
hot spot to a point 33 feet away from the radio and prevented feedback into the
rig.  It worked for me.

73,  Blair k3yd