[TenTec] Argo Speech Processor Question (was Argo V distortion)

Reed w4jz at ispwest.com
Sun Aug 10 18:04:33 EDT 2003

OK George, I did the recorder thing & I could not detect any distortion.  With dummy load or antenna.  I used a IC706MKII as the receiver. This was done on 20 meters. Even when it was set to 9 I couldn't hear any distortion.  Didn't sound the best in the world, but it was understandable.  Sounded better around 3 or 4.
I also was on 40 meters talking to Toby, K4CJW, who has a new Orion. Very nice audio from his rig!  He could not detect any distortion with SP on.  Matter of fact he couldn't tell when it was on or off.  Ran it all way up to 9.  Makes me wonder if it even works on the low bands?
Another question why on my emails, to this thread, I don't see all my email without scrolling to the right?  Seen a few others like that, but mostly all is like it should be. I don't have this problem on other threads. Using Outlook.

Thanks,
Reed