[TenTec] Argo Speech Processor Question (was Argo V distortion)

Reed w4jz at ispwest.com
Mon Aug 11 00:01:00 EDT 2003

Very good fellows.  I just can't figure out why I can't hear this
after making a recording & playing it back through the radio while
listening on another rig.  On outside antenna or dummy load.  The only
people that hear it is the distant station.  I too have heard it on
another 516.

I only have one coax coming into shack.  Have a control box that
switches antennas outside that uses a seperate control cable.  I don't
have any bites on mic.  Know what that feels like when I ran a random
wire with a Drake TR-4 with a D104 mic in my younger years.  Right on
the lip!

Little field strength meter, with sensitivity turned all the way up,
doesn't move when sitting next to rig. That is another reason I don't
think I have RF floating around in shack.

I'm going to have to find a local ham around here that lives a few
miles away to try this on 20 or 17 meters.

I wonder how many here have the Argo V besides Rick?

Thanks for all your help.  I will get wire ready for RF ground & maybe
can find some locals here in Hermitage to give this a go & get to the
bottom of this.

Right now the 100% cure is turn the SP OFF!

Thanks again for your help!
Reed

P.S.  I hope this is word wrapping!