[TenTec] Antenna Analyzers

David McClafferty ve1adh at yahoo.ca
Thu Aug 14 14:13:23 EDT 2003

I'm not saying it was easy to fix. What I meant was I
didn't see any circuitry in there that would be worth
making a big deal about keeping it secret.
It took me a long time to fix it. I gave up a couple
of times. I drew out the diagram of the oscillator
circuit so I could troubleshoot it but finally gave in
and just replaced all the FET's. I found they had to
be exact replacements, substitutes didn't work.
As far as being clever and lucky, I think patience and
stubborn persistence had more to do with it. Plus over
40 years of electronics troubleshooting experience.
BTW the counter/display section was a separate unit
with a protection diode so it was undamaged.

Dave, VE1ADH

 --- Bill Fuqua <wlfuqu00 at uky.edu> wrote: > I am happy
you are so clever or just lucky.