[TenTec] Omni C on 17m

Terry O'Neill cpa2000 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 18 20:15:53 EDT 2003

I received this e-mail today (8/18/03) from Ten-Tec.

I was set to buy an Omni C but now I'm conflicted. I really enjoy 17 meters & I love the quiet receiver & QSK of the Omni's. I thought the Omni C would be my "perfect rig".

Terry:

Just spoke with the Service Manager, Paul Clinton, who also will back
up
the fact that
an Omni "C" Transceiver will run just fine on 17 meters.  Now, you may
have
a different
Omni like a A or B model which we know will not work but the "C"
version
which has two
switches one for audio and one for crystal filters will work fine on 17
meters.  I did give you
the correct answer.

73,
Stan